make up

games

FREE 30 DAYS TRIAL

BEST SELLERS 2018

BEST SELLING BOOKS

NEW IN CDs

ALSO AVAILABLE

NEW IN BLU RAY

SMART BUYS

BLU RAY BOLLYWOOD

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Changeling


2008 will undoubtedly be a memorable year for Hollywoods power couple, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Pitt had the magnificent "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" which gained him a 2009 Best Actor Nomination and "Changeling" won Angelina a 2009 Best Actress Nomination. There were both given due to high levels of acting justification displayed by both sides, but most intensely on the side of Jolie.

'Changeling' is the story of a single mother whose son is kidnapped by a ruthless child predator, and her fight to see his return despite the LAPD's attempts to deem her insane when she denies the young boy they push upon her is hers.
The movie is long I should warn. Almost 3 hours if not, but once you invest your time into it, you won't notice as I didn't. The ending was a bit surprising to me, but I was thankful that it wasn't predicatable or conventional, and just as thankful that I didn't do any research on the actual events. I thought the cinematography was awesome, and this was by far some of the best acting I've seen from Angelina Jolie since 'A Mighty Heart.' Clint Eastwood once again delivers and shows that there is nothing that he can't do. If you're into period films, as well as mystery and suspense, then I totally recommend this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment